- The rate shopping system lets you check real-time shipping rates from several major carriers at several locations throughout the program, provided they are properly configured in SEOM.
- It is important to have dimensions specified in the Miscellaneous tab of each product’s inventory record in order to get accurate shipping rates. The only way to override the package dimensions when Rate Shopping is through the Pack & Ship or QuickShip screens. All other locations use the settings on the Inventory – Miscellaneous tab to provide shipping dimensions to the carrier’s software.
- Main Menu>Create a New Order>For a new or existing Customer>Shipping tab>Shop Rates button – You must first set up the order with a set of line items. The items must have an actual weight value which will be used in the rate request. The Manual Orders screen does not support scales.
- Main Menu>Process My Orders>View & Process My Orders>Shipping>Shipping/Tracking>Get Shipping Rates – There must be at least one item that is marked as shipped (and not a drop-ship) which also includes an actual weight which is used in the rate request.
- Main Menu>Process My Orders>View & Process My Orders>Items>Return/Exchange>Fees and Credits>Get Rates button – This option is only available if doing an exchange, charging fees for shipping on the exchange and there are one or more exchange items listed which have an actual weight value. Residential and Saturday Delivery are sent to the rate system.
- Main Menu > Ship My Orders > Pack My Orders > Rates button – The rate request system does pass the values from the following options on the Pack and Ship screen – COD, Residential, Saturday Delivery, Declared Value, Dimensions, package type and weight from the details or a scale.
- Main Menu>Ship My Orders>Ship My Orders>$ button next to the Shipping Method drop-down list. The rate request system passes the values from the following options on the Quick Ship screen – COD, Residential, Saturday Delivery, Declared Value, Dimensions, package type and weight from the item details or a scale.
- UPS Shipping > $ button under the scale button – The rate request system passes all supported settings from the UPS Shipping screen in the rate request.
- Selecting any of the buttons in the images in the previous section opens the Shipping Rates screen.
- To show a specific carrier’s rates when this screen is opened, set system parameter DefaultRateLookupCarrier (Shipping Group) to the desired carrier.
- Select the button of the carrier whose rates you’d like to view. The buttons labeled by carrier are only active if SEOM is configured to use one of the integrated shipping solutions, such as UPS OnLine® Tools, ShipRush for UPS, USPS or FedEx, or Endicia DAZzle for USPS.
- Depending on the screen from which the rate shopping screen is called, you may see the Use Selected Rate button. Select this button to pass the selected shipping rate and shipping method back to the calling screen for FedEx and UPS shipments. For USPS shipments, the user must manually update the order with a new USPS shipping method, as that change is made directly at the USPS web site and SEOM is unaware of the method that was selected.
- The image below shows the USPS Shipping Rate Shopping screen.
Shipping Rates screen: FedEx shipping rates