Set System Parameter
- Go to the Main Menu > Settings > System Functions > Set System Parameters
- The Set System Parameters dialog box opens.
- Select the POSparameter group.
- Select the POSBackorderOOSItems parameter.
- Select False.
- Select Save.
- Click Close to exit the Set System Parameters dialog box.
- Go to the Main Menu > Create a New Order > Point-of-Sale.
- The Point of Sale (POS) screen opens.
- Enter a sale.
Note: After you change the system parameter, you do not see anything different on the POS screen. To see that the order for the out-of-stock item was saved:
- Go to Main Menu > Process My Orders > View & Process My Orders > Order.
- Select All Orders in the Quick Filter drop-down list.
- Use the arrow buttons in the lower right hand corner of the Process Orders screen to navigate to the last order you entered from the POS screen.
- Notice that instead of listing the quantity ordered in the BO column, the quantity ordered is listed in the Shipped column and the order is marked Approved.
- Click Close to exit the Process Orders screen.