New orders or status updates to existing orders are not posted to the Order Status System.
“Posts”, or order status updates, are sent to the Order Status Service by the “stack controller”. Sometimes the stack controller is unable to send a post to the Order Status Service. In this case, the stack controller attempts to re-send the post indefinitely.
The two most common reasons why the stack controller may be unable to send a post to the Order Status Service are:
- The Order Status Service user name and password stored in SEOM do not match the user name and password stored in the Order Status Service online (Web Services page). In this case, you may see an error containing “Not Authorized”. Change the user names and passwords to match.
- The Order Status Service settings in SEOM contain an invalid URL. In this case, you will likely see an error message similar to “404 Page Not Found”. Correct the URL in the system settings and then delete ALL posts in the stack controller.
To delete failed posts from the stack controller:
- Go to the Main Menu and press Ctrl+Shift+S.
- You see a message box stating “There are X records in the Stack Controller. The Stack Controller is loaded.”
- Click OK.
- Click Yes to open the stack viewer.
- Click Delete Records with Failed Attempts..
- Repeat step 5 until all records with failed attempts are removed from the stack controller.