Minimum Requirements: Order Manager Version 5.503
If you use Payflow Pro to process credit card transactions, the Order Manager can interface directly with your Payflow Pro account. Payments for orders that are pre-authorized on your Website can be captured automatically when you approve those orders in the Order Manager. The “virtual credit card terminal” at the View Orders screen allows you to process new charges, credits, etc. without re-typing the customer’s credit card information.
Note: The Payflow Pro interface requires an open connection to the Internet, such as a DSL or ISDN line or a cable modem. It is not intended for use with dial-up Internet accounts, although it may work if the dial-up connection is always opened before the Order Manager attempts to send data to Payflow Pro.
Configure the Order Manager
- Go to the Maintenance Menu>Maintenance tab>Set System Parameters. The Set System Parameters dialog box opens.
- Click on the Credit Card parameter group.
- Set CreditCardProcessor to Verisign.
- ShopSite 10 users only: Set the CCInfoPrefix parameter to * VPS*
- Set the following Payflow Pro-specific parameters. You may have to contact PayPal for the proper information:VerisignPartner — set to the name of the partner who set up your Payflow Pro account, typically this is “Verisign” or “PayPal”
VerisignVendor — your main login user name on the Payflow Pro account (which may be different from a “user” login name if you have set up multiple users on the Payflow Pro Account)
VerisignUser — your main or user login user name
VerisignPassword — your main or user login password
VerisignUseHTTPSInterface – must be set to true. The old PayFlowPro SDK was retired by the vendor (PayPal) and is no longer functional as of 9/1/2009.
**Important** Set VerisignTestMode to TRUE while you are setting up and testing the system. Set it to FALSE when you are ready to begin processing real transactions.
- Set the following non-Verisign related system parameters to determine how the Order Manager should handle credit card transactions:
- AllowCaptureHigherAmount – If TRUE, the program will let you change the amount of a delayed capture to an amount greater than the pre-authorized amount. If FALSE, a delayed capture must be for an amount less than or equal to the pre-authorized amount.
- CaptureApprovedOrdersAtImport – If TRUE, when importing orders, if an order can be approved, the program will try to capture its pre-authorized credit card payment (if any). If the payment cannot be captured, the order will not be approved.
- CaptureAtFillBackorders – If TRUE, when using the Fill Backorders form, if an order can be approved, the program will try to capture its pre-authorized credit card payment (if any). If the payment cannot be captured, the order will not be approved.
- CaptureAtManualApproval – If TRUE, when orders are approved manually, the default will be to capture the initial credit card charge if it has been pre-authorized but not captured. If FALSE, the default will be to not perform the capture automatically.
- RequireAuthForManualOrders – If TRUE, when you enter a credit card order at the Manual Orders form, you must click the Get Authorization button to pre-approve credit card sales. Then, when you click Save, the payment will be captured. If FALSE, you can either do the same process, or skip the pre-authorization, and the program will transmit the sale without the prior authorization.
- RequireAuthForPOSOrders – same as RequireAuthForManualOrders, but for the POS (Point of Sale) form.
- Check the settings of the main and/or cart-based system parameter, WebTransactionType to make sure it agrees with your workflow. The choices are Pre-Authorize or Sale. If payments will be captured via the Order Manager, it should be set to Pre-Authorize. If payment is captured at the web store, it should be set to Sale.