Note: This topic only applies to V7.024.
- Version 7.024 introduces the ability to periodically import orders without manual intervention. Be aware that the instance of SEOM running in auto-import mode consumes a seat license.
- The AutoOrderImport parameter group and an Auto Order Import security group are also added in V7.024.
- In order to use the automatic import feature, the application must be started by entering a command with parameters through the Windows Command Prompt. It is recommended to setup a Windows system task to run the application at specified intervals on a workstation which is not normally used for other Stone Edge activities. If you do attempt to execute the program through a command prompt and the application is already open on the workstation, the auto order import instance will fail to initialize.
- When initialized in auto order import mode, the application attempts to import orders from every shopping cart defined in the store data file which is capable of performing direct XML order import. If a given shopping cart is only able to import order information from a text file, it is ignored by the program.
- When order imports from all eligible shopping carts are completed, the application copies the current log file to the archive location, sends an email with the results to a specified address, and then exits the system. The next time the application is started by the Windows system task, the active log file is overwritten.
- If the program encounters an event that it is not able to handle automatically, it will stop and send an email (to the address specified in parameter AutoOrderImportReportEmail) requesting manual intervention. The most likely place for this to occur is during Customer Match processing.
- Version 1.9 of the Subscription Manager is required.
- Be sure you have adequate seat licenses to include the dedicated auto import machine or the application will not run.
- Install SEOM on a workstation which is not used for other Order Manager processing.
- Do not run MS Access as Administrator on the workstation where the auto order import process is executed.
- Set the default printer of the workstation running the program in unattended mode to a real, physical printer, not the OM2PDF printer.
- Set system parameter UseCustomerMatching = FALSE.
- Set system parameter VerifyAddressesAtImport = FALSE.
- If security is enabled, create a UserID for the sole purpose of running the auto order import process and add it to both the Auto Order Import and Admin security groups.
How to invoke the Auto Order Import feature manually
- Enter a value in system parameter AutoOrderImportReportEmail.
- If SEOM security is turned on, create a new Admin UserID or assign an existing Admin UserID to the Auto Order Import security group.
- Review the default settings of the remaining auto-import parameters and adjust them if necessary.
- Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt.
- Enter the following:
[Path to the Order Manager program file] /nostartup /X AutoImport
“C:\StoneEdge\SEOrdMan.mdb” /nostartup /X AutoImport
(there is a space between “C:\StoneEdge\SEOrdMan.mdb” and /nostartup)
- For repeated execution of the Auto Order Import feature, create a Windows System Task to execute this command periodically. Refer to the Knowledge Base topic of the same name for guidance.
New System Parameters
- the location where the log file resides
- this is a required field
- defaults to c:\StoneEdge\AutoImport
- the location where the archived log files reside
- this is an optional field
- defaults to c:\StoneEdge\AutoImport\Archive
- this parameter was originally designed to work with the OM2PDF printer, but in reality the PDFWriter cannot keep pace with the program as it attempts to create multiple reports per order (invoice, packing slips), so it is now necessary to set the default printer of the workstation running in unattended mode to a real physical printer, rendering this parameter ineffectual, or pointless
- defines the location where order documents are saved during import
- the default value of this field is c:\StoneEdge\AutoImport\OrderDocuments
- when the auto order import concludes, and if there is a problem which requires manual intervention, an email message is sent to this address with the details
- this is a required field
- if this field is left blank, when the application is started, it will immediately end without processing any orders – check the log, as no email can be sent by the program if this parameter is not set
- The default setting is FALSE. If set to TRUE, drop-ship purchase orders will be created automatically as you import orders. POs are only created for Approved orders, and only for items with Primary Suppliers. WARNING: THIS IS A POTENTIAL SECURITY PROBLEM, SINCE CUSTOMERS CAN PLACE ORDERS AND HAVE THEM DROP-SHIPPED TO THEM WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE. ONLY USE THIS OPTION IF YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT THAT RISK!!!